FREE European Shipping | Package Deals | Big Discounts | Price Match | Cheapest Online Guaranteed | Next Day Delivery | Free Product Advice | Discounted, Out of Season Models Always In Stock, Ready to Ship
The best snowboard I’ve ever ridden.” – Travis Rice Size:156cm
Colour: Grey / black / white – Base colours may varyBrand Colour:Grey/White Deck, Black/White BaseGender:Adult UnisexYear:2020 Product ID: 234262 19SN039-156 841049075662 Lib Tech’s 2020 Dream Boards Collection is collaboration with snowboarding legend Travis Rice, aimed at creating the snowboards of his dreams. And being one of the greatest snowboarders on the planet, you can bet your bottom dollar that Travis Rice’s dreams revolve around the very highest levels of snowboarding performance and absolute dominance in every aspect of the sport. Behold then, the Orca! Lib Tech’s all-mountain freestyle technical powder predator!
The Orca is, in Travis Rice’s own words, “simply put, the best snowboard I’ve ever ridden.” That is extraordinarily high praise coming from a snowboarder of his calibre, and it probably has something to do with Lib Tech’s state-of-the-art construction techniques. It features Lib Tech’s ground breaking Whale Tail Technology, a brand new tail construction developed specifically for this board. A fresh take on the classic fishtail powder-specific board shape, it features the classic swallow cut-out to help it sink into powder, but has a very tight radius and a short, steep rise. This makes its incredibly responsive and manoeuvrable even in deep snow and really allows you to lean into the front of the board without ever burying the nose.
This sharp short rise in the tail and a gradual rise to the classic extra-wide powder nose at the front give the board plenty of float, and in true directional board style, it has a long nose and set-back binding mountings for a tail-heavy, surfy stance. All this makes it the perfect partner for even the deepest of backcountry powder sessions.
However, what makes this board so dreamy is that, unlike most powder-specific fishtail boards, it also features plenty of tech that makes it just as fun to ride on the hard pack as in soft stuff. Lib Tech’s innovative Magne-Traction edge construction give the board a serrated shape which digs into crust and grants absolutely effortless edge hold in the steepest and iciest conditions. The Aspen and Polonia wood core is very lightweight yet strong, and features triaxle and biaxial fiberglass struts. This lends the board outstanding torsional strength and stability, which makes it incredibly stable and responsive, even in the choppiest of chop and crust.
Coming with a generous 26.7 centimetre waistline, this board is literally made for ploughing deep powder and carving up the courduroy. The wide shape allows you to really lay it over onto its edges without the slightest bit of toe drag, so you can edge out the biggest carves on the hardpack and the surfiest of deep powder turns. A deep 7 meter side cut will really get you laying out those perfect turns and massive snow sprays just like the master himself.
As part of their Dream Boards Collection, Lib Tech’s goal was to create a directional board focused on high performance fun, and with the Travis Rice Orca, they have done exactly that! If you love effortlessness carving around the resort and floating the deepest pillowy powder, this board truly is the stuff of dreams.
- BTX – Banana Technology rocker shape for an all terrain freestyle board that performs everywhere and is super easy to ride
- MTX Magne-Traction – Seven points of focused edge control to provide unreal edge hold and control in all conditions. By creating a serrated edge with 7 bumps you get more contact with the snow and more grip and control
- Tri/Bi-Ax Fibreglass – The perfect blend of Tri-Ax fibreglass at 45°, 45° and 90° to enhance torsional strangth and Bi-Ax fibreglass at 0° and 90° to enhance pop
- Recycled 75% Aspen/ 25% Polonia Wood Core – Ultra lightweight, durable, strong and environmentally sustainable wood that feels lively.
- Eco Sub Poly Top Sheet – Tough and Eco-Sublimation Compatible ie. Eco Friendly
- UHMW Sidewalls – Unique to Lib Tech boards these are tough, fast, hard, waterproof and best of all eco friendly due to the lack of toxic ABS!
- UHMW Tip & Tail Impact Deflection – Reinforcements to protect your board from scratches, dings and de-lams
- Birch Internal Sidewalls – 90 degree pop tech and power transfer spines developed in Lib Tech skateboards are placed along the sidewalls to add extra control, strength and more pop
- Eco Sublimated Sintered Base – Fast, durable base with high wax absorption
- Carbon stiffening and extended core – Extended core profile and carbon stiffening to add incredible stability and performance
- Hand Crafted in the USA (Near Canada) -Hand built snowboard by enthusiastic staff at Mervin. Each board comes with the individual makers mark of approval
- Rider Profile: Intermediate / Advanced
- Mountain Profile: All Mountain Freeride / Powder
- Camber Profile: XC2 BTX Hybrid
- Flex: Firm/Responsive
- Condition:Brand New – Factory Waxed